As digital marketing manager for Doctor Who at BBC Studios, I work as part of the team executing digital marketing plans for the series, manage the Facebook account and website, and work with licensees and our regional teams to create campaigns with optimised assets to support a variety of activations and products.
• Working as part of the team executing digital marketing plans for Series 11
• Supporting international digital broadcast and commercial activations across owned channels and 3rd party partners
• Commissioning digital marketing activations to support licensee partner releases and activity across platforms and markets, activating and delivering support for new platform ventures (e.g. Twitch and Wattpad) and actively seeking new ways to engage with new audiences
• Working closely with Planning to deliver a coherent digital strategy that applies to existing fans and brings new fans on board
• Refreshing, rebuilding and relaunching DoctorWho.tv for a global franchise audience and managing editorial and content day to day
• Managing Doctor Who's Facebook account and keeping audiences engaged during the 2019 gap year with a pipeline of fun, sharable and relatable content
In May 2018, I worked for one month out of BBC Studios' Beijing office to immerse myself in the China market and better understand the challenges of working from a market that cannot access many of the social media platforms our business uses.